Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Spot on Adrenal gland of Kidney
kwas32 posted:
I found out about 2 years ago that i have a spot on my adrenal gland of my kidney could somebody please tell me more about it and what i should do

john-skpt responded:
I assume that the 'spot' was found on ultrasound or xray, maybe on CT?

What was your doctor's advice?

There are a lot of benign areas found on the adrenals, just accidentally found while looking for something else. Adenomas, myolipomas, several things that are basically little outgrowths of fat or other harmless tissue. There are some that turn out to be cancerous, but I can't imagine that the doctor would have just forgotten about it or not have followed up at a later date if there was much chance of a malignant area.

So I don't know. The odds favor it being a benign bit of tissue, but unless the doc has more info or checked up on it at a later time, I'm not sure what might be going on.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband had an ultrasound in 2009, at the VA, that showed mulitple cysts and hydronephrosis in left kidney. Abnormal follow up was requested, but n...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in my sides and lower back?
For about a week I have had some discomfort in my lower back, and the sides of my lower back, and it also feels internal. The past 2 days ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 25 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.