Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
kidney relateds issues
Slingblade9080 posted:
am writing because i am very frustrated. i am having problems with my kidneys and most of the test show this. one week things appear normal and then two or even maybe three days later everything is out of wack. i am suffering from extreme back pain and have sweeling of my feet and hands. now i am having a new symptom, in the past three days i have had itchy skin with bumps. i have tried to see if it was a allergic reaction. Nothing seems to work and i feel it is because my kidneys are acting up. this is definately making my life a real challenge it has affected my relationship i havehad for over three years, i am in constant pain and can barely move or function. now this rash is just adding to my frustration. i am neeeding some advice on what i should do, my doctor is at a point of not knowing what to do but realizes there is something majorly wrong. if anyone can assist me i would be gratly apprecited!

jfaden responded:
I was having chest pain, for about one year. It was not my heart. A CT scan was done, and a mass was found on my left kidney. And the kidney was removed. I was told by my doctor, that you don't get pain from your kidney. I would advise you to get a CT scan. The mass on my kidney was so large. It cause me to have chest pain. I pray that this info will help you!

nrhoss replied to jfaden's response:
How big was the mass (cyst) ??

jfaden replied to nrhoss's response:
The size of a Football.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Our youngest son went to the er for a concusion and 8 hours later we were going through testing for his kidney. At first dr's thought after he hit...More

Helpful Tips

petose kidney
hi i just one to ask a qustion. can ptose kidney be care? if yes pls tell me how am going crazy More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.