Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Itching foot
pheno posted:
I have a kidney infection for my second time in 2 months. It seems that my right foot itches really bad with a little swelling. I am wondering if this is just a side effect from the infection or could it mean something else? I have had Lupus for 11 years.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Pheno,

Welcome to the Kidney Disorders Community. Kidney infections are no fun and to have two of them in such a short period of time is just plain torture!

Has your doctor been able to tell you why they keep recurring? Having chronic kidney disease means that for some time your kidneys have not been working the way they should.

This article tells us you should call your doctor if you:
  • Are feeling more tired or weak.
  • Have signs of a serious illness that are not caused by a cold or the flu.
  • Have swelling of the arms or feet.
  • Have muscle weakness.
  • Bruise often or easily.

It may be nothing serious, but I encourage you to let your doctor know about the swelling.

I hope that helps. Let us know how you're doing!

~Andie

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Oh, and I forgot that I was going to tell you that you might want to ask your question on our Lupus Community , as well.

They are great about getting right back to you and maybe they might know if the swelling or itching is from the Lupus.

pheno replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much, I will check into the Lupus Community.

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to pheno's response:
You're welcome, Pheno. Please let us know how things are going. Are you still experiencing the swelling or did you find out what the issue was?

I hope you'll share with us and that you're doing much better!

~Andie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Native to Colorado USA. Old farm boy. Married and have three kids, two married and one just about done with high school. Love to grow and photograph r...More

Helpful Tips

contrast dye and polycystic kidney disease
Please do not have a CT scan with contrast dye if you have polycystic kidney disease. It is harmful and you can land up in the hospital ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.