Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE
pitts25 posted:
MY DAUGHTER HAS KIDNEY FAILURE SHE IS ONLY 4 AND I WAS WONDERING IF IT IS BAD TO GET A BACTERIAL INFECTION WITH THIS I AM NEW TO IT AND I DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND MUCH ABOUT IT

John-SKPT responded:
Bacteria infections need to be treated no matter the overall health of the patient.

That said, the how serious an infection might affect kidney function really depends on how severe the renal disease is at this point. As renal dysfunction progresses, the body's entire chemistry get a little more out of balance, and this can make the effects of infection more severe, and can in some cases make infections a little more difficult to treat.

The best source of information to answer your question would be her physician who has all the information about her health, lab tests, current status, etc.

It's hard to come up with a good answer without knowing all the details of a particular patient, so ask her doctor when you have a chance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have PKD. I have a lemon size bulge by my right lower rib. It is a deep feeling pain. After a Ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, I am told I have blood se...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.