Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
diarreha
Anon_12802 posted:
Is there anything you can safely take for chronic diarreha when you have Kidney disease..And is chronic diarreha a part of stage 4? I take Zocor and they took me off of it thinking that might be the culprit but that was 3 days ago and i still go at least 2x's a day. There are days i can't control it. Very frustrating! I can't even go to dinner with my family because most times it happens after i eat. My meds are metopolol 100mg, dilitizem 120mg, lisinopril10mg, norvasc 2.5mg. This has been going on for 2 yrs. Any help would be appreciated..TY

John-SKPT responded:
You really need to ask your doctors. They might suggest something like Immodium for occasional use, but I'm not at all sure about taking it on a daily, long term basis. So ask a professional.

(I'm just wondering: are you having any peripheral edema, ankles, lower legs, wrists swelling up? It might be the body trying to rid itself of excess fluid in any way possible, and some is finding it's way out through the intestine. Are you yet on a fluid restricted regimen?)

kay0922 replied to John-SKPT's response:
No edema..I feel just fine except for this..I did go to the DR like i said and he just told me to stop taking the zocor for a month and see. My weight hasen't changed a bit..No i have not been restricted yet..I'am at stage 4 yet all my labs are normal except the bun and creat..creat 2.1 bun 23.. phosphorus and hgb are well within normal limits and so are all other labs..I run protein in my urine but not very high amounts...

John-SKPT replied to kay0922's response:
Thanks for added details. Sorry but I have no idea. It could be that the GI distress is a separate thing from the renal function. You might want to consider talking to a gastroenterologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old mother of two young children. I was diagnosed after I had an emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. They diagnosed me with MSK...More

Helpful Tips

I have a uti and severe kidney pain, Is this common?
I have a uti and such bad kidney pain that I can hardly move, I cant bend down and it hurts more than I can explain. the pain comes and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.