Skip to content

Announcements

Have you had a kidney transplant or are waiting for one? Then visit the Organ Transplant Community and the Diabetes and Kidney Community to share your experiences with other community members!

Are you newly diagnosed? Use the WebMD search engine to read articles like Understanding Kidney Disease.
Multiple Kidney Stones
joewood57 posted:
My wife has had kidney stones since Dec. 8th,2011. We seen a uroligist and she said she has 4 3mm stones in her right kidney. She has blood in her urine and she is not passing them which is unusual for these size stones. She's had 30 stones now and no relief in sight. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent them in the future or easier way to pass them without surgery???

medstudent0415 responded:
joewood57:

There is a procedure called lithotripsy that will break up the stones so your wife can pass them. It is a surgical procedure but it uses laser. It is very effective and might offer her some relief. Good luck and hope she recovers soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

contrast dye and polycystic kidney disease
Please do not have a CT scan with contrast dye if you have polycystic kidney disease. It is harmful and you can land up in the hospital ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.