Skip to content
hip arthroscopy
lowjack1 posted:
HI I am 26 years old male and had a hip arthroscopy surgery done to repair a labrum tear. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago with no complications and physical therapy seems to be going good. I am only wondering if you guys think intercourse would be appropriate after 2 weeks of surgery. If anyone has this done and has some input let me know. Thank you

_swank_ responded:
It's probably best to ask your doctor. However, I think it would be fine as long as you don't get into any position that hurts. I had my hip scoped back in September. My doctor warned me that if I overdid things I was going to pay for it. He was right about that. I set myself back to previous pain levels on a couple of occasions. I'm a female so sex after 2 weeks was out of the question. I think a lot depends on whether your labrum was repaired, as in sewn together, or if just the torn bits were removed. This makes a big difference in recovery protocol. In my case, part of my labrum was removed so there was really no repair work to damage.

craska replied to _swank_'s response:
I know this was 2 years ago but out of curiosity how long did you have to wait? I had a hip arthroscopy with some bone shaved, a tear repaired and also a tendon cut. My doctors not much help in the area and it's hard to find anything on this. Most websites are about total hip replacements.

_swank_ replied to craska's response:
I can't really remember that far back but it seems like it was about 6 weeks post-op.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center