Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Full Knee Replacment
LucyAVT posted:
I had a FKR done May of 2011 & went in June 2011 for a knee manipulation because of the scar tissue built up & I couldn't move my leg.
My surgeon wants to do another knee manipulation because the scar tissue is messing w/ my range of motion & I've lost strength in my quad.
I don't want to have any more knee manipulations at all & I want to get my range of motion back.
Can I use the Rumble Roller to break up & distribute the scar tissue so I don't have to have the manipulation?
What else can I do to help prevent the build up of more scar tissue?

Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
Hello,

This far out the Rumble Roller won't work. A manipulation won't work. You will need an open revision as there is a mechanical reason for the decrease in your range of motion.
DR RAJ MD,FRCSC
www.drhipandknee.com

LucyAVT replied to Bal M Rajagopalan, MD's response:
I had the knee manipulation the 6 of April, but now my ROM is at 90 degrees.
I'm going to pt because the sergeon wants my ROM at 115.
Any suggestions?

Bal M Rajagopalan, MD replied to LucyAVT's response:
Hello Lucy,

This doesn't sound good. If your ROM is still 90, there are intrinsic mechanical reasons of why your knee is stiff. You may need a revision to get more flexion.
DR RAJ MD,FRCSC
www.drhipandknee.com

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center