Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Spot On Pain After Uni-Knee Replacement
    elesman posted:
    Im a week out and all feeling appears to be back. My concern is that Im still feeling the same exact pain at the same exact spot that I felt bbefore my surgery. I know I should feel pain, but it scares me that its sstill specific and not general. Advice ?
    _swank_ responded:
    Well, if you had one painful compartment before surgery, and then you had that painful compartment replaced, it makes perfect sense that the pain would be in the same spot. Replacements are very painful and you've only given it a week. This is going to take lots of time. You should be more concerned if your pain was in another part of your joint that wasn't touched.
    elesman replied to _swank_'s response:
    That makes perfect sense! Thank you swank...

    Helpful Tips

    What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center