Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 weeks out
Guitaristmom61 posted:
I had a total right knee replacement 6 weeks ago. The first three weeks were almost unbearable but after week 3 it started getting better. I am in pain all the time but at week 6, it is managed by tramadol during the day and 2 lortab only at night. My surgeon doesn't like to see me continue to use Percocet and I agree because of concerns about addiction. I take 1 tramadol every 3 to 4 hours instead of 2 every six. That takes the edge off during the day. Lortab works but makes me fall asleep for at least 6 hours so I deal with pain and get rest. I was just discharged from PT to home exercise. Range of motion 110 and leg is at 3 degrees...working to get it to 0.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Guitaristmom61,

Thank you for your update. It sounds like you're progressing well and I hope the pain starts easing for you soon.

Keep posting here and I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences too.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

SERGIO1952 responded:
it will get better, i had knee replacement back in 2011 and i did not have good range, so they had to go back in and manipulate the knee to break the scar tissue. it help but i put a lot of work into it. yes it's going to hurt, but i worked through it. look at the big picture. i'm doing okay now and i do get some stiffness at times. it's still better than before the surgery. stay positive...good luck.

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center