Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
when i lift my left leg and bring it down there is a dull knock/click orientating center left of the inside of my pelvis
bunsack posted:
when i lift my left leg and bring it down there is a dull knock / click partial to the center-left area in my pelvis

when i lift my right leg and bring it down it NEVER does this

this only happens if i relax my upper torso and hunch over slightly
while attempting this simple movement on my left leg

i had mri previously with results of medial plica syndrome and joint effusion in my left knee - after a jogging injury in 2010

is there a way to correct this through surgery or strength training on my quardiceps?

kind regards,
b

Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:

Hello,

A click without pain may be normal but a painful clunk is more serious. Please see your surgeon and get x-rays done. See what your surgeon thinks. A knee issue will cause a click in your pelvis.
DR RAJ MD,FRCSC
www.drhipandknee.com

bunsack replied to Bal M Rajagopalan, MD's response:
meant to put a "dull clunk" in my title (this is without pain in my pelvis area)

is this serious?

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center