Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knees Point Inward
stock3556 posted:
Over the years, I have started to feel pain in my knees. It started with swelling on the inside and lower areas of the knees and constant popping or clicking of the knee. More recently, I have noticed sharp to dull pain on the inside of my knee along with the swelling. In addition, when I wear heals, walk too much, or go for a run, my knees start pointing inward to the point that I have to rest due to the pain and less balance. Someone told me to just buy special sneakers, but I want to make sure there isn't a more serious issue before training for a marathon and possibly injuring it more.

_swank_ responded:
So go to an orthopedic surgeon and have your knees examined. Nobody on the internet can tell you what's going on with them. If they hurt, and you keep doing things that make them hurt more, like running marathons, then you're doing more damage.

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center