Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
THR pain after 8 weeks
Q6262 posted:
I am a 50 yr old man that had THR on my left hip in February 2012 and am experiencing pain in my thigh area above my knee. I know it has only been 8 weeks but wanted to know if this is normal. I have been going to the gym and believe I may have been over working that leg and was told to rest for a week by PT. I have pain while walking and a lot the next day after going to gym to work out hip or swim. Any information would ease my mind to know this is part of the healing process. Thanks

handymann responded:
So to hear about your pain. I had surgery 3/27/012 and at this I have no pain and doing well and will 2nd hip repacement 5/7/012 . Doc is very happy with my recovery

KevinHilton responded:
I'm a practicing ortho doc in Chicago. I'll just add a few points since I'm not familar with your case. I could be normal however I would just recommend regular followup with your surgeon to ensure everything looks ok with your leg and on xray. I understand this doesn't really answer your question directly however ask your surgeon!! If your concerned -- he should be concerned.

Q6262 replied to KevinHilton's response:
I started going to PT this week and now and feel difference. Pain not as intense but only been two sessions. Thanks for info and once pain free and back to normal I will post comments. Thanks

Helpful Tips

tkr
after I had my tkr, I learned to go down stairs backwards hanging on a banister or my husbands arm. This was 13 years ago. it really took ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center