Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    clavicular fracture
    Shannon102369 posted:
    Sorry, this was the only bone related section I could find.
    My 13 year old son just had clavicular fracture surgery in Austria, strange experience, and I was given NO therapy instructions, can you give me some ideas? It's been 4 weeks since surgery.
    _swank_ responded:
    You really need to call the doctor's office and ask for a referral to physical therapy. This isn't something you can do over the internet since nobody here has access to your son's medical info and a lot of rehab depends on the type of injury.

    I'm not clear on whether you live in Austria or were just visiting? If you were just visiting then take your son and all the records to a local orthopedic surgeon for follow-up care.

    Helpful Tips

    Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center