Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
What's up with my new knee?
Gwhitmarsh posted:
I have had both my knees replaced. Right knee was done 04/10 and is 2 years old and doing great! Left knee was done 01/11, a year and 4 months old. I'm still taking half a pain pill for when it aches. It makes loud grinding and cracking noises. The other day it actually locked on me. I was just sitting in the car and when I went to get out I couldn't move it. Because it was painful. It felt like when you need to crack your bone but it gets hung up. I finally jumped out of the car which released what ever hang up there was. Walked around a bit which made it feel better. I have a zimmer gender solutions and have been reading about recalls. My surgeon still sees me every 3 months and tells me the X-ray looks fine. Should I insist he look farther then an X-ray?

Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
Hello,

This is not normal. Your replacement should not crack or even lock on you. Yes, with these symptoms go seek another opinion.
DR RAJ MD,FRCSC
www.drhipandknee.com

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center