Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
tkr soon
tommy845 posted:
I am going for my consultation tomorrow for double knee replacement. One of my doctors patients told me he is using different meds now and the pain should be less. I know I am in for some major pain after the surgery. How long will it take before I can actually walk. I mean go to the store, walk down the street? Some people say do one at a time, most people say do them at once because you I will never go back for the second one. I just want my life back without it taking 2 surgerys and 2 years. Thanx for any info

Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
Hello Tommy,

I highly suggest you you them one at a time and space it by 3 months. The bilateral knee replacement triples your complication risk. If you do end up with a complication, you will look back and ask why.

DR RAJ MD,FRCSC
www.drhipandknee.com

kjb49 responded:
I just had one done and its taking all I can give to do the therapy on this one. The verdict is still out on the benefits of having both done at the same time but those I know said it was very very hard. I know I would never go for both at the same time just due to the mobility and pain.

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center