Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tight knott in back of knee
TonyiaG posted:
I have been having knee problems for some time but recently I had a new issue. My knee almost feels like it is out of place and it usually I can move it around until it "pops and releases. During the time there is a very tight knott that forms in the back of my knee. Once the knee "pops the knott goes away. I am just wondering if anyone know what might cause this problem.

Isotopecrunch responded:
Hi. I had my hip replaced just over three weeks ago. My hamstring and behind my knee of the leg of the replaced hip, was extremely tight and achy. It is due to the muscles, hamstring, leg, knee, etc..., adjusting to the hip and leg.

After a couple of weeks it goes away.

kjb49 responded:
I have the same thing and the Dr says its a bakers cyst that can sometimes form after surgery or an injury. He says it will go away but its painful and I feel its limiting my ROM. Ask your Dr about that. Hope that helps some.

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center