Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee pain and swelling
ceromero posted:
My husband has been having some swelling and pain in his knee. We have tried advil/ibuprofen/wraps/hot/cold creams and still no results. He even lost some weight.. hoping that would help.
Just this morning.. he was walking down stairs, his knee 'locked' up on him (he almost rolled down those stairs) when he then walked around a bit.. there was some 'popping'... and now about an hour later, he stated that his knee all of a sudden is feeling really good!? He stated its like he never has had any pain at all. No stiffness... he was always leaning his weight on the other knee to sort of 'baby' the hurt knee. And now its feeling 'Perfect'? What may have caused this? And should he continue with creams/wraps/meds?
Thank you for your time.
Christina

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Christina,

As much as we would like to help you, only direct medical exams and tests can determine what is causing this. The sooner your husband sees a doctor, the sooner this can be addressed.

In the meantime, click on the following for some ideas to make for a well-informed doctor visit:

Knee Problems

Let us know what they find out.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Silver2660 responded:
Ask your doc about meloxacam. or Flexarall

_swank_ responded:
A torn meniscus and/or a torn ACL can cause these symptoms. However, there are a whole lot of things that can go wrong in a knee. None of them can be diagnosed over the internet, let alone treated. He needs to see an orthopedic surgeon and have the knee evaluated. No amount of creams/wraps/meds are going to help in the long run.

ceromero replied to _swank_'s response:
As stubbon as he is... he missed his MRI appointment due to an Out Of Pocket Portion his insurance didnt pay. $800 ,
Thank you!

ceromero replied to Silver2660's response:
Thank you

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center