stiffness after knee replacement
Lolubelle posted:
In March 2011 I had tkr and I am still experiencing some pain but mostly stiffness. Whenever I am on my knee it stiffens and I do not walk properly.....my knee does not feel like it belongs to me and always feels like I have a lead ball in it. I am on my 3rd round of theraphy and some of the stiffness has improved but still feels like there is something in the knee.....at my yearly checkup the OS said everything looked fine...has anyone else had this problem?

JudithKi responded:
Yes Hi, I don't feel mine is great I had it done in July 2011 and it is stiff, numb on the side with a big lump, I think I have scar tissue an the skin is stuck to the knee cap...good luck I keep waiting for improvment...

Lolubelle replied to JudithKi's response:
I am going tomorrow for an MRI.....when I get the results I will let you know what it is....after 15 mos. my knee should not be feeling like this....

Went for my MRI this week but the radiologist was unable to read the film because it was unclear due to the metal components in the knee replacement therefore he is recommending that I go for a CAT scan, so if you are having problems just skip the MRI and go for the CAT scan....so I still don't know what the problem is in my knee yet, hopefully one day I will know.

JudithKi replied to Lolubelle's response:
Thanks for letting me know how you went. I will be going for my 1 year check next month, I think there is not much they will be able to do....I will just put up with it, at least my leg is straight and now I have to worry about the other one.

I will be going for a CAT scan soon and will see what the results of that will be. My other knee is bone on bone and I'm sure that will lead to another knee replacement as well....this time I will search for a doctor who does not cut into the muscles, tendons, etc. I understand that is the proceedure they are doing now. Good luck with your checkup and let me know what your doctor tells you.