Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Avascular Necrosis
willhen posted:
I have been told that I have asvascular Necrosis in my right hip and the ball there is worn out. If blood does not flow, how long does that take to do real damage to my leg, as the local hospital takes a very long time to get ok'd for hip replacement surgery. Service at the local hospital is very slow, Have been trying for 8 months to get service, but no luck yet. Any other ways to cure this problem or at least prevent it from becoming worse. Also, how can a person get the blood flowing in their leg again? I am 67 years old and played racquet sports for many years.

_swank_ responded:
You already have real damage in your leg. Usually it's the surgeon that handles getting you scheduled for surgery. You shouldn't have to deal with the hospital yourself. If that's the case then how about trying another hospital? Look for one that does a lot of joint replacements as their staff will be the best.

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center