Skip to content
Ostiotomy and Patella Realignment
An_245844 posted:
Hello, on Jan 31st I had an ostiotomy and patella realignment along with medial reefing and lateral release of my right knee. I was immobilized for 4 weeks and then went into Physical therapy 3x a week for almost 3 month and now going to PT once a week. My PT has determined that something is preventing my knee from bending any further. I am getting 95 degrees of range and have been stuck at that for about 6 weeks. She recommended getting a possible manipulation as this may be scar tissue holding things up. Has anyone heard of this or can anyone shed insight..this has been a hard road and I hate for it to continue much longer..I am to young not to be able to do what I want. Thanks for your response!

KevinHilton responded:
If its been six months since your surgery with no gain in flexion, I would definitely consider either a closed manipulation or arthroscopic surgery in conjunction with closed manipulation. Patellar realignments can in many cases produce many adhesions with the extensor mechanism. After the surgery you will need to go to PT every day (6 days a week), for several weeks then slowly back off the frequency of the visits. Scar formation is a very nasty problem, and can effect all knee surgeries (particularly open procedures). Its very frustrating for the patient to deal with.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center