Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee replacement and return to work
bodyinmotion posted:
I had a tkr 5/10/12. Female and 50ish. Therapy going good I think. I have questions about return to work. My job is physical, on my feet long periods. We require slip resistant shoes. Am wondering if there are suggestions for good footwear that is supportive, and slip resistant. Also wondering with my job being pretty physical, when is a realistic amount of time to return?

kneereplacement1 responded:
I am not so sure about the sleep resistant shoes. But I can tell you one thing for sure that standing for long time after knee replacement can be tough initially but give it a time and you should be doing ok. While standing if you could do 10 quick Static quadriceps whenever you get time will be better to. Also if you could periodically shift your weight from one leg to other leg that will help too.

bodyinmotion replied to kneereplacement1's response:
Thanks! Little nervous about returning to work, but know it will be ok eventually. Think I found a good orthotic via the physical therapist. Going to give them a shot as far as footwear. Any thoughts on orthotics?

Helpful Tips

tkr
after I had my tkr, I learned to go down stairs backwards hanging on a banister or my husbands arm. This was 13 years ago. it really took ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center