Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

11 days post total hip revision
    kels0720 posted:
    Hi all,
    I am 31, and 10 days ago had a revision of a total hip replacement that I had done 2 weeks earlier. There was a significant leg length discrepancy that needed to be corrected. I attempted to go without rx pain medication today, but realized an hour and a half after I was due for it that I was still in need of it. I took the meds, and spent the day up in a chair, sorting through some drawers and playing with my daughter. Tonight, I'm experiencing the worst pain I have had since this whole experience started, and it is scaring me. I don't know if it's because I overdid it, being up and active all day, or whether my delay in taking meds this morning left me "behind" the pain... Anyone else remember having this experience? I don't have a fever, and my incision site looks fine...
    Thanks so much,
    Kelsey

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Kelsey,

It's now a few days later... how is the pain now?
    We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Grams62 responded:
    Actually yes I did. You may have done too much too soon.

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center