Skip to content
Bilaterial Knee Replacements
csmmt24 posted:
Good evening. I am age 53 and new to the site although I had my bilaterial knee replacement in January 2012. Still recovering and just wanted to see if there are others out there experiencing the same issues that I am. The left knee is doing much better than the left, and there is still daily pain. My physical therapy is 3 times a week, but like many post I have read, I was never really told the length of time a bilaterial replacement would take. I know we all recover differently but I was hopeful to be way ahead of where I am. Staying postive though and guess it will just take time.

1wareaglefan responded:
Hi, I had a right TKR on May 1 of this year. From all that I've read, recovery can take up to a year. BTKR is, of course, more traumatic and difficult to get over.

How's your ROM? Do you still have a lot of swelling and pain? What does your doctor say about your progress?

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center