Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AVN
scott2008p posted:
My son was diagn with AVN at 22 yrs. He underwent vascul bone grafting for his left leg 2 years ago then last year had core decomp for his right left. Left leg is much better but right leg kills him. It has stayed about the same - not any worse via xrays. He is on oxicotin for the pain but it no longer helps. Hate to see him to thru hip replacement but his quality of life is not good. We are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area - are there doctors here you would recommend and what type of hip replacement is better?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Scott,

Unfortunately, doctor recommendations cannot be made on this board.

However, if you're comfortable doing so, you may want to post an anonymous email address in case anyone has any recommendations for you; they can then contact you directly.

I hope your son is helped soon.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center