Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    scott2008p posted:
    My son was diagn with AVN at 22 yrs. He underwent vascul bone grafting for his left leg 2 years ago then last year had core decomp for his right left. Left leg is much better but right leg kills him. It has stayed about the same - not any worse via xrays. He is on oxicotin for the pain but it no longer helps. Hate to see him to thru hip replacement but his quality of life is not good. We are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area - are there doctors here you would recommend and what type of hip replacement is better?
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Scott,

    Unfortunately, doctor recommendations cannot be made on this board.

    However, if you're comfortable doing so, you may want to post an anonymous email address in case anyone has any recommendations for you; they can then contact you directly.

    I hope your son is helped soon.
    We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

    Helpful Tips

    Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center