Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wish mine was going to as simple
wizzbone posted:
My screen name should say it all----wizzbone--extremely bowlegged. I have now done every non-surgical treatment available. Been trying to hold out as long as possible because of constantly changing methods and procedures. Years ago I had a nice talk with my old ortho--we discussed exactly how my issues would progress--kinda scary seeing them happen in real life though. Old ortho left NY, I refuse to use a run of the mill ortho, I needed someone who handles the tough stuff. It took me over two years to find the right person--someone I can trust completely. I usually try everything to hide my legs--people do cringe--anyone would. Basically I need both legs broken in two spots each. Bone fragments will taken from my hips to help piece them back together. Due to the radical geometry of my knees I have shrunk half an inch due to grinding bone. On the bright side I have built a pretty high tolerance for pain lol. Still try to stay away from too many pain-killers--only when im near tears. After both legs are done--obviously one at a time, then I will get both knees replaced and I want both at once. Im the type that pushes myself hard when in rehab--they usually tell me to back off some lol. Don't know how many Pt's have yelled at me over the years. All Im waiting on now is the insurance company to say it a go---there is no other choice now. They are probably hoping I get hit by a bus so they dont have to pay for this LMAO..I know this journey will be brutal to say the least, BUT, im looking at the big picture. Someday I will be able to walk without excruciating pain, wondering if they will just give out at any time. As soon as they say go--I will be running to the table. Lets git-er-dun.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Wizzbone,

It sounds like you have quite a time ahead of you but your attitude is great. I hope you'll keep us updated as this goes forward.

Welcome to WebMD.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center