Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Double Knee Replacement
    TXDaughter1 posted:
    My mother had both knees replaced on 3/30/2012. A month later, the surgeon had to go back in and remove scar tissue because she wasn't healing well. It is August and she is still having trouble with the left knee. She had the surgery done in Manhattan while spending the last several months with family in NY. She is now back in Dallas and experiencing a lot of difficulty. Today, the doctor asked her to come see him in (Manhattan) before he will issue PT orders for her in the Dallas area. That will prove to be an expensive Dr.'s appointment! Will a local doctor examine and consult with her for further treatment? I really don't know what to do.
    Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
    I would assume you should be able to find a local orthopedic surgeon. There are great Orthopedic Surgeons in Dallas.

    Helpful Tips

    What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center