Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Makoplasty Partial Knee Replacement on Tuesday
nogoodknees posted:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this community but have read through many posts and find them helpful ! However, I have not seen anything about the Makoplasty surgery (robotic arm assisted surgery). I am scheduled for that procedure for a partial replacement in the lateral compartment of my right knee, on Tuesday of next week. My knee is bone on bone in the lateral and patellar compartments and the medial compartment is more than 70% gone (cartilidge). So this is the first of two partial surgeries I will have since I am 43 and my cruciate ligaments are perfect..so I don't "qualify" for a TKR.

I'm hopeful that the surgery(ies) will finally help. I had a patella tendon transfer in 2001 on the rigght knee and have had problems ever since; every time I get active after PT it lasts a few motnhs then I'm back in pain, 5 torn meniscus repairs, for a total of 8 various surgeries! Now my left knee (my good knee as I use to call it) has cysts, stage III OA and subluxation. Fun Fun Fun! Anyway, anyone have any experience with the makoplasty??? Thanks for letting me share!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Nogoodknees,

I hope that others who may have shared your experience will see your post and respond. In the meantime, I wanted to welcome you here.

Good luck with the surgery! I hope you'll come back and let us know how it went.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Lela53 responded:
I am not familiar with this type of surgery-partial knee replacement. I had the robotic tkr-and it would have been fine if the doctor had not cut my MCL. I heard this type of surgery works well for most people. My advice to you is to make sure your doctor is a good one and is not one who makes mistakes during surgeries-mine was toooo old and out of touch to do a tkr--

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center