Skip to content
Knee replacement woes
boathook posted:
my wife has had 3 left knee surgeries in 1 and 1/2 years. the first was a knee replacement which required a modification to adjust body alignment, thus surgery no.2. my wife got staph infection upon leaving hospital. we did 6 weeks of in home anti-biotics, but still had infection. tests said no, all o.k., but dr. went back into knee and packed with antibiotics and we did another 6 weeks of iv's. the pain has become extreme and dr. can't find anything--he wants more of same tests, frankly, i believe it is beyond his scope and he won't allow anyone else, except his health-care colleagues to check. same results. my wife can not walk over 4 paces, her left knee is 1 and 1/2 inches larger than her right. the pain and the swelling persists. any suggestions would be most welcomed. Thank you , Frank G.

Take the Poll

KNEE REPLACEMENT WOES ??? Has anyone had these problems. What was done to correct?
  • has anyone had similar problems, and what can be done
  • surgery or medicine changes
vote
View Poll Results

_swank_ responded:
If your wife's doctor is not giving her answers then go see another doctor. Her current doctor cannot prevent her from going elsewhere. She doesn't need him to "allow" her to go anywhere.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center