Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Physcial Therapy Question
SallyS posted:
My husband will have BLKR in December, and there is a limit of
24 PT visits per calendar year under our current insurance plan. We are able to get more if we get "precertification". My question is: how easy is it to get more PT visits? Will he need more than 24? I can switch to a plan with unlimited PT visits, but it will cost $ 500/month more. Is it worth it to switch?
Thanks for your help.

_swank_ responded:
I can't say how many he will need, it's likely going to be up to him and how dilligently he does his exercises. My PT had me only come in once a week until I was more mobile and I could do more strengthening exercises. That way we conserved visits. However, she said it would have been easy to get more visits, at least in my case. I didn't need them though.

SallyS responded:
Thanks for your input. I kept the old policy assuming that if he needs more than 24 PT visits, they will approve more.
Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center