Skip to content
Inversion table
cbi231 posted:
Can you use an inversion table after total hip replacement surgery? I have had mine replaced in 2008 right side and 2009 left side. I am no longer in the area where my orthopedic doctor is and don't know who else to ask. cbi231

georgia888 responded:
Hello cbi231,
I can't answer for certain but I think not. I have read where use of an inversion table is unadvisable to THR patients.

I'm sure one of the members will soon respond with a more definitive answer. Until then, hold off on using one.

georgia

buckley11 responded:
I had a right hip replacement, a left knee replacement, a Harrington placement w/ 7 vertebrae fusion for Scoliosis. My lower spine is curved with spondylsis, and causes a great deal of nerve pain all the way down my L leg to my foot. I consulted with many doctors and found the use of an inversion Chair fit my needs, and has alleviated most of my nerve pain. It has lengthened my torso, and along with gentle back strengthening exercises taught to me by a physical therapist I have gained an inch in height that I had lost. The advantage to a seated chair system is there is no stress on your knee or hip joints, and you do not actually go all the way inverted, only as far as you want to go because you control the rate of inversion with a lever. Sometimes I only go to a 45 % angle that gently stretches my lower back, other times I am almost inverted-but never totally. I have saved myself more back surgery. Start slowly!

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center