Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bilateral Knee Replacement or Single
greer5656 posted:
I am a 59 yr old female and have been told recently that I have to have both knees replaced. The right is a little worse than the left so I am contemplating whether I should have both knees done at once or do one and then the other?? The doctor said I could do one and then 10 days later do the other, do one and a few months later do the other or do both at one time. He left the decision up to me. After reading the discussions on TKR I'm really torn which way to go with this. I go to the gym every day and am very active so I'm thinking if I'm going to be laid up I'd rather do it all at once. I have good support at home so that won't be a problem. Any thoughts on this??

arbob5 responded:
I have two friends who had both knees done at the same time and they were happy they did it that way. As you said, do it all at once and get it over with. You are in good shape and that means a lot.

Good luck and God bless.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center