Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Pain and swelling after 2 knee replacements
20092011 posted:
I had a tkr in 2009 and ended up in alot of pain. I was told 2 years later by a new doc that the implant wasn't alligned properly and that after testing I was allergic the metal. In 2011 I had another replacement but the doc advised me that he thought if he just replaced part of the knee it would hopefully work. Now a year later my knee is still swollen, cant walk up and down the stairs or do anything without pain. Is there anyone that can offer me any suggestions to help with this problem. Please let me know. Thanks
Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
If you're allergic to the metal. Did he take all the metal out and try oxinium? Unfortunately, if you have a true allergy you will not improve until the metal is out.

Helpful Tips

Celebrate Your Triump Over Pain at the 1st Annual Metal Walk
The ATI Foundation is excited to announce a truly unique event celebrating the achievements of people with orthopedic implants and the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center