Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Nana-Severe Pain 1 week post op knee replacement
nowthis posted:
Im Johnathan...usually post in the Pain Management community but...my nana had her left knee replaced last monday, left the hospital thursday and i havent seen any real improvement since then. The Dr. said after a few days she would be feeling better but she isnt, she is taking 10mg percoset and soma and valium every 4-6 hrs and still having awful pain i hate she's having so much trouble bc no way after this will she have the other one done

She called the Dr over the weekend and never got a call back and then again today called, they called and said they woud ask the Dr about more pain meds and would call backnaround noom...2:30,rolls around and no call so we call back and they say she may need to come in, transfer to see when to come on amd had to leave a msg, still no call back today! I have a hard time watching them treat a 66 yo woman in pain like this

Is it fairly normal for pretty severe pain at a week out?? what can i do to help her? im taking care of everything, im doing everything for her. Any advice is appreciated!!

Johnathan

_swank_ responded:
Severe pain is normal but it should be starting to subside. Instead of playing phone tag with the doctor you need to just make an appointment to go see him. She should have a follow-up appointment scheduled already.

Helpful Tips

TKR surgery and recovery
I had one knee done in March 2007, the other done in February 2009. I am 67 years old. I will tell you that I researched doctors before I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center