Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    How to find anterior approach surgeon
    cats27 posted:
    I am moving from CA to Michigan (detroit area) in 5 months so that I can have family support for a total hip replacement. I will need to find the best surgeon available who is experienced in the anterior approach. Not getting much online so far that rates MDs.

    anyone from there who can direct me to the right surgeon?

    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Cats,

    Doctor recommendations cannot be made on our boards but if you're comfortable doing so, you may want to post an anonymous email address here so that if anyone does have a recommendation, they can contact you directly.

    Good luck with your move and your surgery!
    We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin
    KevinHilton responded:
    Where exactly in MI are you moving to?

    Helpful Tips

    What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center