Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TKR rejection / reaction ??
An_248969 posted:
2 months ago I had my 3rd TKR on my left knee. The first 2 had joint loosening, hence the 3rd one. Now my knee, calf & foot is swelling over 3x it's normal size and I have extreme pain upon walking, especially the first 2-3 steps. I have a wide red path going down my shin, it's warm to touch, as is the patella. I'm so afraid that it's a reaction. There is no rash or itching so to speak, just the swelling & pain. Does anyone else have this problem ? My OS hasn't mentioned a rejectioni / reaction, he's trying to rule out back pain as the culprit, but I'm not so sure about that. I am 59 years old, had my first TKR @ 42.

arbob5 responded:
I think you need to be seen. The sound of that wide red path going down your shin makes me uncomfortable. Please have it seen, either by your primary doctor, or try to be seen at an immediate care facility. It could be nothing, but better safe than sorry.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I agree with Arbob and hope you've since sought medical attention.

Let us know how it goes for you.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

tkr
after I had my tkr, I learned to go down stairs backwards hanging on a banister or my husbands arm. This was 13 years ago. it really took ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center