Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee pain 6 months after TKR
Shari128 posted:
I am 6 months post TKR and I have less flexion now than I did at my 6 week followup which is causing me pain. I stretch 5 days a week plus do strengthening exercises and am still not getting better. My surgeon estimated me at about 95 flexion. He said if I do not get more flexion by my 1 year check up I will need more surgery to clean out my scar tissue Previously I have had 2 ACL reconstructions and 3 or 4 scopes to clean out the arthritis so I was told that I am predisposed to adhesion problems due to my many surgeries. Does anyone have any suggestions??

chigrl responded:
Im in the same boat as you. I was told if I had the surgery to cean out the scar tissue, I probably would grow back and it probably would be heavier. I'm looking into the possibility of the treatment they are giving burn victims for scar tissue issues. They inject ste cells from your stomach and people have gained upto 45 degrees of ROM

Shari128 replied to chigrl's response:
Thanks chigirl, I will look into the stem cell replacement. Where did you find that info? I am only 47 years old and have been dealing with my knee problems since I was 20 years old after a skiing injury. This is all very frustrating to me!

chigrl replied to Shari128's response:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/experimental-stem-cell-therapy-burn-victims/story?id=17350731#.UL5FQtfAHLQ

I'm 58 and 2 years since my original surgery. Surgical manipulation and scar removal surgery. Many many months of PT and I still lose ROM monthly

ManuelIV replied to Shari128's response:
Hello Shari128, How are you? Just wanted to share this website and maybe point you in the right direction. www.stem.md

I Hope this helps.

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center