Skip to content
My mom still cries in pain after 1 Year of Surgery
Lookin4Answerz posted:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if I could get any helpful tips or answers. My mom had a total knee replacement last December. A year has gone by and my mom still wakes up every morning crying in pain. The pain has obviously subsided since the surgery, but its still excrutiating for her. She can't even get on with her days without her medication to help her along.

How much longer will she suffer? The doc suggests her other knee be done soon, she said she'd rather suffer than get it done - thats how much pain she suffers through everyday...

Please any help?

arbob5 responded:
The doc is probably right. If her other knee is in need of replacement, she's not walking correctly, and that is taking the weight off of the now bad knee and putting it on the replaced knee. Did she do physical therapy after her surgery? I'm sure the therapist gave her a routine to follow. That is so important.

I hope she starts to feel some relief. Keep us up to date on how she's doing. I really do think having the other knee replaced is the answer. That's how it was with my two hips. Although they were 8 years apart. About 6 months before I had my latest hip replaced, the other one was feeling the pressure on it and was causing some pain, because of the way I was walking to try to relieve the pain of the other one. Does that make sense? I hope so. And again, physical therapy can really help.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center