Skip to content
Pain after ACL repair
BForr posted:
As adivsed by WebMD staff I am posting this here:

I am 15 years post ACL repair. I tore my ACL and fractured my knee in three places while in the Marine Corps. The surgeon at Bethesda Naval Hospital did a great job repairing the ACL. However 15 years later I deal with constant pain, swelling, my knee buckles and gives out on me and there is a loud audiable painful pop when I straighten my leg that can be heard across the room. I am a current patient with the VA, I went to the doctor there with the symptoms, he ordered x-rays, MRI and did a complete (so he says) exam on my knee only to say there is nothing wrong. What should I do now? I can not deal with the pain much longer. On a pain scale of 1-10 it is a constant 7 or 8 and shoots to a 10 plus at least 5 times a day.

BForr responded:
REALLY? Is there not one person out there that may have any advice as to what I can do?

_swank_ replied to BForr's response:
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do is see another doctor. Preferably one that doesn't work at the VA. Either that or your going to have to convince the current one that something is wrong.

arbob5 replied to BForr's response:
I agree with _swank_. Get another opinion.

BForr responded:
Now my knee has started to spasm almost like a muscle spasm and I go numb from the knee to my foot, the pain is now at a constant 10 . I am still fighting with the VA about it and they are sticking to "There is nothing wrong with your knee" line. I am doing Physical Therapy to no avail, the pain keeps getting worse and I can hardly walk after therapy.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center