bilateral knee replacement
2newknees posted:
I had both knees replaced on 10/9/12, about nine weeks ago. I knew it would be a challenge, but had no idea it would be this hard. I had heard from two other people who had it done that they were glad they did both at the same time. I was afraid if I did one, I wouldn't have the nerve to go back for the second. I was in the hospital for 5 days, went to inpatient rehab for two weeks, and am currently in out patient therapy 3 times a week. I went back to work for four hours a day this week. I do try to do exercises and stretching at home on the days I don't have PT. I am still in a lot of pain. I ran out of my "good" pain medicine two nights ago, and am now on Aleve. Last night was horrible. I can't get comfortable. Am going to call the Dr. back on Monday to see if he will give me another presc. for the oxycodin, just so I can get some sleep. I guess nine weeks is not that long to still be in pain, but I am not encouraged by some of the posts I am reading here. It feels like I am walking around with two cement blocks where my knees used to be.