Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bilateral knee replacement
2newknees posted:
I had both knees replaced on 10/9/12, about nine weeks ago. I knew it would be a challenge, but had no idea it would be this hard. I had heard from two other people who had it done that they were glad they did both at the same time. I was afraid if I did one, I wouldn't have the nerve to go back for the second. I was in the hospital for 5 days, went to inpatient rehab for two weeks, and am currently in out patient therapy 3 times a week. I went back to work for four hours a day this week. I do try to do exercises and stretching at home on the days I don't have PT. I am still in a lot of pain. I ran out of my "good" pain medicine two nights ago, and am now on Aleve. Last night was horrible. I can't get comfortable. Am going to call the Dr. back on Monday to see if he will give me another presc. for the oxycodin, just so I can get some sleep. I guess nine weeks is not that long to still be in pain, but I am not encouraged by some of the posts I am reading here. It feels like I am walking around with two cement blocks where my knees used to be.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center