Skip to content
patellar tendon laceration
cda1277 posted:
on dec 5 of 2011 I fell at work and completely lacerated my left knee patellar tendon. went to hospital and woke up 3 days later after surgery
this has been a very very painful and long recovery and have about 120 rom and strength back in leg if finally coming back
I cant walk up stairs or steps and avoid at all cost and if I do I drag my left leg up because it to painful to walk up the steps.
anyways, all was going well and my leg locked up and took over 2 hours to work its way free so I could bend and straighten it again.
I called my dr and he advised me of scar tissue. it happens more frequently now and I can almost feel when it is going to lock up and the last 2 times it locked up I had to manually manipulate it before it worked free. the dr did another mri and showed no tear is tendon and in place and a grade 4 lesion blah blah blah. said no surgery and to keep kicking along as best as possible for better words but now its locking up more and more frequently and having to manually manipulate it to free up
does this sound correct? what is going on? surgery? pain tolerance?
second opinion?
any advise would be greatly appreciated and I prefer not go to another dr as I don't want to jump around since he knows my knee and wht has been done.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center