Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hip Replacement Misery/IT Band Damage
jamin2013 posted:
Hi All....

It's 2 yrs 2 months since hip anterior hip replacement and I have nasty IT Band damage down side of hip thigh, and back issues all worse....

It's been a nightmare for the most part...I've done so much PT, and now doing acupuncture and mesotherapy injections for the worsening back issues...

The only Pain I don't have anymore is groin pain.

I had OA going in along with FM so everything is worse...

Anyone relate, any coments for me. thanks all

jamin2013 responded:
No one around with any comments on my post?

arbob5 replied to jamin2013's response:
I have had both hips replaced, first one 8 years ago, and the latest one on July 16, 2012. I can honestly say that I had absolutely no negative "whatevers" with either one of them, so I really can't make any helpful comments about your situation. We all react differently to things and you haven't mentioned what your doctors have said to you about your condition. You obviously are under a doctor's care with all of your pt, acupuncture, etc. etc., so are they recommending additional surgery, or what?

I do know whenever anyone posts something here, we all want a response ASAP. Sometimes that occurs, but if "we" don't have much to add to what the original post requests, no responses come about. I know that's frustrating. But for the most part, the most common suggestion is "see your doctor". It appears you have already done that over the past 2 years.

Sorry you are in such dismay. Can't blame you at all. When we have surgery, we expect good results. This, unfortunately, doesn't always occur. I personally do not know what else to suggest. But sometimes, just posting your problems here can help. Something like "getting it off your chest". We're here for you, when we can help you. Remember that, ok?

jamin2013 replied to arbob5's response:
Thanks for your reply....maybe this is NOT a very active board too.

I saw the surgeon 3 times post op, xrays etc and of course he said all is OK....

Well, it's not all OK, going in I dealt with Fibro and OA in many other areas, so for me it's not been a great outcome....

The IT band damage has just made it all worse, this is down the side of the thigh from the Anterior replacement....

grrrrrrrrr......

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center