Skip to content
hot flashes in the hip joint replacement
jobee12 posted:
I had an anterior hip replacement last of Oct/2012 and am doing fine except when I get these hot feelings in the hip joint replacement and sometimes they run down to my toes, is this anything to be concerned about?

arbob5 responded:
It could be nerve and/or tissue regeneration. The entire leg has some after effects from the surgery. I did have some "burning" sensations for a couple of weeks after my July 16, 2012 hip replacement. And that was the only real "negative" sensation I had, and it wasn't really that bad. When I questioned my ortho Dr. about it, he said it was normal and would eventually go away completely. It takes some people longer than others.

Have you talked to your surgeon about this? I'm curious as to what he/she had to say. Let us know, OK? This is how we all learn...by sharing with each other. That is what makes this site so great and helpful.

jobee12 replied to arbob5's response:
well, I still get them, especially if I am on them a lot

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center