Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain & swelling 2 years post knee replacement
An_249891 posted:
I had a right TKR 2 1/4 years ago - it was great - I golf, swim, & do all kinds of sports. It has never given me trouble. Today, I golfed & 4 hours later went bowling (which I have done many times) & tonight, my knee is very stiff, swollen & is painful! First time since therapy 2 years ago. I did nothing to hurt it - it even hurts when I bend it - like there is a tight band around it! Any ideas??? I had it done at Northwestern Memorial in Chicago, but now live in central Florida & there is a lot of MD's here who just take advantage of our area (The Villages) which is a 50 + community - they seem to think we have unlimited money or insurance!

arbob5 responded:
Try an ice pack, on 20 min., off 20 min., Tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain. If it's no better in a couple of days, you will need to see a Dr. Do you have a primary Dr. in Florida? If not, you need to get one I guess.

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for these things occurring. But then again, sometimes there is a reason, and we just can't quite zero in on it. And then all of a sudden a light bulb goes off in our head and we think "OMG, I forgot about that bump or slip while walking" etc. etc. etc.

Try the ice tho. And let us know how you're doing. And again, see a doctor if it's no better in a few days.

Refiguy responded:
You sound like me ...played golf and ,,swelling after 2 yrs...still swells up after even mild exercise..Dr just say wait until it settles down..mmm..well I;m not going to sit around like the rest of them...I iced and waited and it was a little better but even extended cycling ..it then swells...if you get any feedback let me know...thanks

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center