Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feeling your pain
tkrayrn posted:
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let you know how reassuring to me your pposts are. I am three weeks post-op today and wondering what I was thinking when I agreed to this. I am 48 years old and have known for some time that I would need a TKR sooner rather than later. I also watched my husband go through his TKR three years ago and am a nurse so I thought I knew what I was in for. No one sent me the memo about the constant pain. Yes, my pain meds help but they take the edge off, I'm never quite comfortable and I think I've tried most of the pain meds my doctor likes to use. It is unrelenting, as is the fatigue, my lah attitude and complete lack of sleep. All the same things I hear you all talking about. I am told it will improve but I sure hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Helpful Tips

TKR surgery and recovery
I had one knee done in March 2007, the other done in February 2009. I am 67 years old. I will tell you that I researched doctors before I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center