Skip to content
Bilateral Knee replacement
mfishlaw posted:
Had procedure Oct 1/ 2012, went through similar issues with pain meds withdrawal, sleeping at night and having DVT's. Went back for 2 month post opp with Dr. was discharged and wished well.
Best advice is to follow PT and stay with the "work", it will pay dividends.
Went back to work after 2 weeks and continued to improve. Work out twice a day either elliptical or stationary bike, an hour at a time. Have been walking up to 47 1/2 miles in an hour. Do weights every other day and stretching daily. It will pay dividends!
It as been 4 months now and my knees are still very "tight", could be a by product of all the exercises, but the range of motion is getting better each day. Have ridden a mountain bike outside for a couple of hours at a time, really no significant issues, need to keep the seat a tad higher, maybe I grew some since the procedure. Hoping after all that I have read on line that the 6 month -1 year, will be back to "normal". Yes my knee are still warm at times and I have tenderness in the joint and sometimes difficulty getting flexation and extension out of the joints, but would suggest if you were thinking of having it done, doing both a the same time is smart, assuming you prep with conditioning before and continue after the procedure. It will be difficult at first, but as all things, it will improve over time. Still make it a point to ice a couple times a day. I take an ANSAID 25 milligram 2x a day to deal with the aches and pains. Going to be 63 this year and don't want life to get in the way with enjoyment.
Think positive and work hard. Your PT regime is the key to "pain free" living.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center