Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extreme fatigue 1 month after knee replacement
An_250393 posted:
Hello,

One month after my operation, I've started experiencing extreme fatigue--feel like I'm going to faint standing in line anywhere, for example. I've cut back on my Percocet (within the last 3 weeks), but still have to take it to get through P.T. (or at least to make any progress in P.T.). Otherwise, everything is going well. Any ideas about what could be causing this?

ocknees responded:
You should contact your primary physician immediately.

I know my doctor would want to run blood panels. There are numerous things that could be causing fatigue.

I developed anemia after my own TKR surgery. Everyone is different...

...And you don't want to take a fall and do major injury to your brand new knee or strike your head. Have someone drive you. Getting behind the wheel is not a good idea.

Best wishes.

enuff81020 responded:
I agree with what the previous writer said--go to your doctor and ask about this. I had my knees replaced and even though I had a lot of serious complications after the second one, this is something I didn't deal with--even after they replaced my replacement. It could be something serious and needs to be looked into before you have an accident. Falling with a new replacement is not a good experience and adds a lot of fear and pain that you don't want.

I wish you the best in resolving this,
Sylvia

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center