Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TKR 02/05/2013
thebean posted:
I had my left knee replaced February 5, 2013. The surgery and hospital stay was probably better than I expected. The pain and getting around after is probably what I expected. I had a set back on Tuesday night 2/12/2013 one week post op. My knee popped or snapped and I felt it and then it was painful anytime I moved it likened to the first day after surgery. Went to P T anyway and they actually helped. said it could have been a tendon or scar tissue in there. Thank goodness that only lasted a couple of days and now able to move it again without so much pain. I knew this was not going to be easy and hopefully the end result will be worth all the recovery. I'll keep updating as I progress. I do not know how anyone can have bilateral replacement as the good leg helps the bad one move and push yourself up in bed. I am glad I chose to to one at a time! Cannot immagine not having a good leg to stand on.

Helpful Tips

tkr
after I had my tkr, I learned to go down stairs backwards hanging on a banister or my husbands arm. This was 13 years ago. it really took ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center