Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
results from manual manipulation of TKR
hockeyjohn posted:
It has been 1 week since my manipulation. It was bent to 125 degrees under anesthesia and I have been able to push it that far each day since. Not sure that it will go further until swelling is gone, but overall it was successful. Very happy and the procedure is completely painless. They knock you out and after 10 mins you awake with ice on knee and I went directly home and got on the motion machine bending to 120. The next day was no problem, a little tender but I didn't have to curtail my normal physical therapy and spent the day walking on it. If you are stuck, as I was at 113, this is the remedy that I would suggest. Good Luck.

stuartalanmartin responded:
I also had this done in Germany the doctor said it made a cracking noise and went to 129 deg It is ok now but painful walking and on stairs and also very noisy I walk every other day and use a Bicycle the next day usually 10 KM I dont know I wonder am I doing to much or not enough ! its catch 22 or what

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center